This year has brought many challenges to our members and our community due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In mid-March, our chapter switched to an all-virtual chapter and faced a new normal. We made it our top priority to remain a support system for our members and for our community. Despite the uncertainty, our chapter faced, we continued to strive and uphold our values in new and creative ways.
- Raised and donated over $31,000 at our annual SHEM philanthropy event. This exceeded our goal and it was the most we have raised as a chapter for a given semester.
- Donated $5,000 to the East Alabama Food Bank. Our generous donation assisted them in contributing to renovating their facility.
- We committed to donating 1,000 masks to East Alabama Medical Center during the mask shortage.
- Received the "Exceeding Excellence Award" for our submission of women empowerment and chapter-image.
- Alumnae Allye Lott received the "Martha Cheely Brown" Panhellenic Convocation Award from the Delta Gamma Chapter.
- Placed second for Panhellenic Points. For each donated item throughout the Spring semester, we received one point.
- The overall chapter GPA for the Spring semester was 3.61. A big increase from previous semesters.
- Welcomed 97 amazing New Members to our 2021 Fall Pledge Class.